Sunday, October 16, 2011

Genesis 1:9-31

Its cool to think about god just moving the water into one place. I guess he had to pull the ground to him or maybe somehow make the hard ground/earth expand so as to compensate for the water being piled on top of itself. The water had to have been bulging out from the earth, assuming that the earth was pretty much spherical when it was "formless" in the last post.
It is weird to see that god deliberately instructed the land to produce food. This is strange because humans were documented to be hunter gatherer's before they learned how to grow their own food and eventually settle down into townships and what not.
In verse 14, god put time into place. I guess he did this for the human's benefit? Apparently god put the stars in the sky for the sole reason of helping the humans distinguish light from dark. I don't know why there had to be light and dark. I don't know why god decided that vision was the best way for humans to experience the world. This is surprising because I know how flawed vision really is and how much different things really are....crazy stuff. Try a vision test on youtube.
In verse 20, god let the water teem with living creatures. Maybe this refers to our micro-bacterial phase in the evolutionary chain. Verse 26 keeps saying that he is going to create man in "our" image. Who is the other besides god? Are there really multiple gods that are just like the main god. I think the reasonable guess would be the angels...but i don't know about that.
That's it for the actual biblical commentary. I just want to say that no one should be offended by my doing this blog. I just think it is interesting and it's different. I think something good will come of it eventually. Thanks to my readers. Y'all rock! War Damn Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment